Use the tips below to properly secure your online credentials and avoid future impact from this breach, as well as any other major data breach event:
Password Security Tips:
1. Change your passwords immediately, especially online banking portals and email accounts.
2. Do NOT use the same login credentials for multiple accounts. Having the same passwords makes it much easier for hackers to legitimately access your accounts – even if they were not directly affected by a breach.
3. Create unique passwords, keep them secure, and don’t share them. Password tools like password managers and generators are widely available, and they can be used for both personal and work-related accounts.
Online Resources & Tools:
1. Have I Been Pwned? (https://haveibeenpwned.com): Use this online resource to see if your usernames/email addresses were impacted by a major data breach.
2. Password Strength Test (https://www.fightingidentitycrimes.com/secure-password/): Use this online resource to see how long it would take hackers to crack your passwords, and get tips on how to improve them.