Yes, however there must be a joint account holder over the age of 18.
Funds that are “drawn on SNB” mean that the monies are withdrawn from an established account at SNB.
The check in question is a third party check which is where ownership of the check is being signed over to someone other than the person to whom the check is made out. Superior National Bank does not cash third party checks for customers or non-customers.
If an account owner has an ‘ITF’ or a beneficiary on their account, it allows for monies in that account to become the property of the named person(s) should all other named account holders pass away. The person(s) named as ‘ITF’ or as a beneficiary are not signers on the account. This is an option that may be set up on checking, savings, or CD accounts at any time by speaking to a customer service representative.
To set up an account with SNB, you must present a valid photo ID, as well as provide your social security number and current address. Checking and savings accounts both require a minimum deposit at account opening.
Transactions conducted in a branch during a business day (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays), are posted the same day. Saturday’s transactions will post the following business day.
You may mail a deposit to PO Box 450, Hancock, MI 49930. We also offer mobile deposit via our mobile banking applications. This service allows you to deposit checks using your iPad, tablet, or smartphone. External Transfer services are also an option for our personal online banking customers. External Transfers allows you to transfer funds between your accounts at SNB and your accounts at other participating financial institutions. For after-hours deposits, secure night depository drops are located at all branch locations.
Yes. SNB offers a variety of safety box sizes and rental rates at our main branch in Hancock and our Baraga, Ridgecrest Plaza, Calumet, L’Anse and Bingham Farms offices. Talk with a customer service representative at any of these locations to arrange for a box that meets your needs.
We offer you several options to update your personal information:
- Call any of our branch locations
- Use our Secure Message Center located on our website
- Send us a message through your Online Banking session
- Mail a request for change to PO Box 450 Hancock, MI 49930
- Stop by any of our branch locations
To send a wire transfer, you will need the following information:
- The routing number and physical address of the bank receiving the wire
- The name, account number, and physical address of the person receiving the wire
- International wire instructions may vary
There is a $25 fee for all outgoing domestic wire transfers and $50 fee for international outgoing wires.
To receive a wire transfer, the sender will need your name, SNB account number, and SNB’s routing number (091101879) and physical address. There is a $5 fee for incoming domestic and an $10 fee for incoming international wires.
Yes. In fact, SNB offers 3 different types of Overdraft Protection:
- Bounce Protection – each qualifying checking account is granted this service upon account opening. Bounce Protection allows items to be paid up to the amount of the protection. You will be assessed the current overdraft fee for each item that uses this feature.
- Superior Line – this is a service offered through our Loan Department. You must apply for it, and there is a $30 annual fee as well as interest charges.
- Sweep – we can set up an automatic sweep from one deposit account to another. If money is swept, you will incur a $6 fee.
In general, funds from your cash or check deposits made in a branch will be available to you on the first business day after we receive your deposit. Similarly, for checks deposited via mobile deposit, all checks submitted and accepted by 4 p.m. ET will be available the following business day. Longer delays may apply. Please see our Funds Availability Disclosure.