Summary: Supervises all tellers, receptionists, and co-op students in the branch. Is responsible for hiring, scheduling, training and performance management of the tellers and co-op students. Additionally, functions in the role of a teller by providing basic cash receipt and payment services in accordance with financial institution procedures
Department: Retail Banking
Reports To: Branch Manager
Supervises: Tellers, Receptionist, Co-op Students
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receive checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine checks for proper endorsement, and enter deposits into computer records
• Cash checks and process withdrawals after verification of signatures and balances
• Receive, verify, and enter loan and other payments
• Provide a complete range of customer services, including opening, maintaining, and closing accounts
• Count, check, package, and order coins and currency
• Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift/day
• Balance and audit the vault/cash dispenser
• Ensure that the teller station is properly stocked, cleaned, and generally maintained
• Check night depository bags and record proper information on the financial institution’s forms
• Balance, maintain, and respond to after-hours calls for the ATM
• Be on Call List to respond to after-hours alarms
• Supervise tellers including scheduling, approving PTO and timecards, and management of daily duties.
• Interview applicants for open teller and co-op student positions.
• Coordinate the training of new tellers and co-op students by assigning them to training mentors or coaching them directly. Manage the daily training schedule for the new hires.
• Manage the performance of the tellers, receptionist and co-op students by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees to the desired behavioral standards.
• Understand and follow bank/department regulations, policies, and procedures, and participate in all compliance-related training.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous supervisory experience desired
• Successful completion of in-house training program