Accounting/Finance Co-op - Hancock
Department: Accounting/Finance Department
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Summary: Perform a variety of routine calculating, posting, and verifying tasks and perform other duties as assigned and/or necessary.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: • Assist processing of invoices, collection, and check requests and generates weekly check runs. This includes any scanning requirements.
• Addresses outstanding items as needed to ensure timely resolution of issues, ensuring the general ledger is consistently in balance
• Assist with monitoring and reporting on ATM balancing; provides reliable ATM network profitability reports
• Assist with maintaining accounts payable files and research all open accounts payable problems
• Assist with maintaining workman’s compensation insurance certificates and sub-contractor exclusion forms
• Assist with managing the annual escheatment process in compliance with the State of Michigan requirements
• Assist with inventory management including monitoring supplies on hand and placing orders as needed
• May assist with recording all Federal and/or Associate Bank funds sold and purchased
• Assist with maintaining the accounts payable software.
• Records cash receipts and receives and posts monthly payments.
• Assists with general ledger reconciliations.
• Assists and backs-up on KFC dividend distributions.
• Understand and follow bank/department regulations, policies, and procedures, and participate in all compliance-related training
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Must be detail oriented
• Student status at a high school or college
• Good in-person and phone communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office products
• Preference given to students enrolled in the following degree programs: Accounting, Finance, Business, Management, and Mathematics
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the Employment Application. Submit the Employment Application, along with your resume and cover letter, via email to email@example.com or you may mail it to the address below. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Superior National Bank
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 450
Hancock, MI 49930
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, disabled veteran status, veteran status, or disability.
Reasonable accommodations are available. Should you require any auxiliary aids, services, or other accommodations to apply for employment at Superior National Bank, please notify the Human Resources Department toll-free at 866.482.0404.
About Superior National Bank:
Superior National Bank is recognized by BauerFinancial, Inc. as a 5-Star, Superior bank, their highest rating assigned. BauerFinancial also ranks SNB as one of the nation’s strongest financial institutions.
Headquartered in Hancock Michigan, Superior National Bank serves clients in the Upper Peninsula and Southeast Michigan regions and employs over 250 people. SNB provides individual consumers, businesses, municipalities and corporations with a full range of banking services spanning lending, deposit accounts, online and mobile banking services, retirement plans and trust and wealth management.
2021 marks Superior National Bank’s 131st year in business, a milestone made possible by its commitment to people, businesses and communities. With values that focus on people and customers first, Superior National Bank prioritizes innovative thinking, teamwork and the highest level of integrity. If these values align with your own, please apply to join our team