Summary: Serves as a point of contact for customer experience-related activity for the branch, including teller transactions as well as proactive sales and service, for personal and business customers.
Department: Retail Banking
Reports To: Branch Manager
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine checks for proper endorsement, and enter deposits into computer records
- Cash checks and process withdrawals after verification of signatures and balances
- Receive, verify, and enter loan and other payments
- Provide a complete range of customer services, including opening, maintaining, and closing accounts
- Count, check, package, and order coins and currency
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift/day
- Balance and audit the vault/cash dispenser
- Relationship Building:
- Drives branch growth through outbound prospecting and community engagement.
- Consults with and advises customers about all bank products and services.
- Uncovers needs for personal and business deposit accounts and loans after thorough needs-based consultation.
- Interviews and gathers customer information, opens new deposit accounts.
- Interviews, approves, negotiates and closes overdraft protection, personal loans/lines of credit, home equity loans, and small business loans.
- Conducts account relationship reviews through appointment setting.
- Creates an enhanced customer experience with an “all-in-one” approach to relationship building.
- Electronic Banking:
- Makes recommendations for personal and business electronic products, enrolling both personal and business customers
- Demonstrates, onboards, and supports e-banking customers (ACH, wires, bill pay, mobile deposit, mobile banking, personal finance, remote deposit capture.)
- Assists customer with self-service devices, whether in-person or remotely in a virtual capacity.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in finance field preferred or related experience
- Successful completion of in-house training program
- Experience in a banking/lending environment
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand, walk, sit, stoop, reach with hands or arms, occasionally move up to 25 pounds, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Talk, hear, write, read, type, understand technical manuals, manipulate numbers, and communicate effectively in person, on the phone, and via letter/e-mail
- Effectively organize, prioritize, and complete work assignments, and deal with frequent and/or multiple interruptions
- Learn duties/tasks in a reasonable amount of time
- Perceive clearly at both close and long range, and possess adequate peripheral vision, depth perception, color distinction, and focusing ability