People Pay Overview:
The Quick and Easy Way to Send Money!
People Pay gives you the ability to pay individuals for money owed or services provided through MySNB online banking or mobile app. For a $1 fee per transaction, you can set up an ACH (automated clearing house) payment directly to their account, have a bank-generated check mailed to them or money transferred into their PayPal account. Or, just send them an email or text and let them decide how they receive the funds.Additionally, you can purchase and send eGift Cards from more than 150 vendors.
Perfect for paying your babysitter or snow removal service, or paying back a friend for lunch, or sending your niece a birthday gift!
How It Works:
Simply enter your payee's name and email address or mobile phone number, the amount you want to send them, and the method by which you want to pay them. They will receive an email or text message with instructions on how to claim the funds.
How To Get Started
Log in to your MySNB online banking account. Click the “Pay and Transfer” tab and then select “Pay People” under the new People Pay heading to enroll!
What is it?
- Ability to pay individuals for funds owed, for services or just because. Customers can also purchase eGift Cards.
What does it cost?
- There is a $1 convenience fee payments made by PayPal, ACH (bank account) and Recipient Chooses. The check service and eGift Card options are free.
Who pays the fee?
- Whoever is sending the money
Who is this available to?
- Currently, only customers who have MYSNB. It is on the Online Banking and an option on the Mobile App. Enrollment has to begin with the Online Banking.
How do I enroll?
- Customers will go to the Pay and Transfers tab and select Pay People. They will be prompted to select and read the disclosure. They will then agree to it to continue. They will have to set up the accounts they want to make payments from. The customer will receive an email with a confirmation code. They will retrieve the code and put it into the confirmation box. They are then ready to start paying people.
How long until someone receives my payment?
- This is dependent on how it was sent or how the customer chose to receive it. A check is 5-7 days. ACH is 1-3 days. PayPal and eGift Card are instant.
What if a customer is having a problem using the P2P?
- Only Superior National Bank customers can call and inquire about a payment. We cannot disclose payment information to non-SNB customers without a customer involved.
Can I cancel?
- You can cancel a payment any time before it is claimed. Payees have 10 days to claim funds or eGifts. If it is never claimed, the money will never leave the account. If the funds are sent by knowing the persons account and routing number or by PayPal, you CANNOT cancel. The funds are instantly sent. If a check is sent and never cashed the funds will go back in after 90 days. To cancel, select on the Unclaimed transaction from the Outgoing history and select Cancel Payment and Cancel Payment.
What do the transaction statuses mean?
- Canceled: The consumer cancels a transaction that has not already been claimed, declined, or expired.
- Claimed: The recipient claims a transaction sent to their email address or mobile number.
- Claimed – Failed: The recipient attempts to claim a transaction and the claim fails.
- Completed: The bank account, PayPal, or check transaction is successfully processed.
- Declined: The recipient declines a transaction sent to their email address or mobile number.
- Expired: Funds that have not been claimed by a contact within 10 days.
- Scheduled: A check transaction is scheduled for processing.
- Unclaimed: A transaction sent to a contact's email address or mobile number has not been claimed.
The person I sent the money/eGift Card lost their claim code.
- Our customer can go into their Outgoing Transactions and select it. The Claim Code will be listed there.