Reg E Opt In
What You Need To Know About Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees Opt-In Form
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We offer a standard overdraft protection (“Bounce Protection”).
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account or “Superior Line,” which may be less expensive than our “Bounce Protection.”
This notice explains our standard protection (“Bounce”).
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- One- time debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Superior National Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $34.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- You may be charged up to 9 overdraft fees per day.
What if I want Superior National Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and one-time debit card transactions?
By checking the boxes and opting in today, we will pay overdrafts on your ATM and one-time debit card transactions.
If you want us to make a change to the option you choose today, call 866-482-0404 or visit your local branch.