IT Systems Administrator
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
Summary: The System Administrator role is responsible for architecting, deploying, and maintaining business technologies in support of the organization’s overall technology plan. The position also helps facilitate the use of new technologies to solve business operational changes that increase productivity and ROI. The position also serves as a level 2 support for the Service Desk addressing challenging support issue, working with outsourced technology partners, and providing timely resolution. The position requires a wide variety of skills and experience through a broad range of technologies.
POSITION-SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Install, configure, maintain, and support virtual desktops, devices, phones, and applications to approved standards in both stand alone and virtualized environments.
• Support applications delivered through virtual desktops and end user devices.
• Troubleshoot and resolve advanced technical support issues with business applications and systems, internal and outsourced.
• Develop technical, user, and business continuity documentation for supported systems.
• Participate in daily systems tasks such as monitoring and performing correction activities.
• Meet established service level agreements and escalate any exceptions to management in a timely manner.
• Work with providers to establish proactive monitoring for servers and applications.
• Participate in data collection activities of metrics for service level and operational performance reporting.
• Identify and implement methods for increasing system reliability, up-time, and automation of manual tasks.
• Maintain and patch mission-critical systems in such a way as to ensure minimal impact to users during maintenance or update cycles.
• Resolve advanced technical support questions over the phone, email, or chat handling each with professionalism and timeliness.
• IT Project support, as needed.
• Works closely with IT management in determining priorities.
• Maintains and follows IT Department procedures.
• Understands and follows bank/department regulations, policies, and procedures, and participate in all compliance-related training.
• Some travel to remote branches and data centers may be required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science/information technology or six years equivalent experience preferred
• Two-year experience working in a banking environment preferred<
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills and listening skills. Ability to communicate highly technical information to non-technical users
• Must be self-motivated with the ability to manage time, prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
• Ability to analyze, research, and resolve technical problems
• Ability to work outside of normal business hours
• Familiarity with the following areas:
- VMware ESX, VMWare Horizon, Server Operating Systems, PC Operating Systems, Backup Software, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 or Microsoft Office Products, PC and server architecture, troubleshooting, concepts, and design
- Bank Applications, including cores
- SQL or similar relational databases
- Network Systems Architecture
- Network Routers, Switches, and WiFi Access Points
- Group Policy and Active Directory. Manage and maintain network users, computers, mobile devices, security, printers, drive mappings and other group policies
- Server and PC support, deployment and patching technologies and processes
- VolP and Smartphone Experience
- Project mangement skills with an understanding of how to define, document and track, goals, scope, resources, schedule, quality, testing, and communications