Superior National Bank & Trust Company knows that our greatest asset, besides our customers, is our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, disabled veteran status, veteran status, or disability.
Reasonable accommodations are available. Should you require any auxiliary aids, services, or other accommodations to apply for employment at Superior National Bank and Trust, please notify the Human Resources Department at 906.482.0404 or toll-free at 866.482.0404.
Consult with existing and prospective customers to meet mortgage and consumer lending needs.
• Maintain and grow a portfolio of loan customers to enhance the Bank’s competitive position in the markets it serves
• Guide customer through the lending process from start to finish, including:
- Explaining and answering questions about the loan process
- Obtaining information for the loan
- Obtaining and analyzing customers’ financial and credit information
- Negotiating and approving loan terms
• Identifying opportunities to cross-sell additional Bank products and services
• Adhering to regulations and maintain up-to-date compliance understanding
Job Skills & Qualifications:
• NMLS certification (may be obtained after hire)
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field preferred
• Minimum of four years of experience in lending environment
• Experience with mortgage lending and regulatory changes since 2010 Dodd-Frank Act, including experience with TRID (Truth-in-Lending, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act Integrated Disclosure)
Click here to view the full job description.
Provides basic cash receipt and payment services in accordance with financial institution procedures.
• Receive checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine checks for proper endorsement, and enter deposits into computer records
• Cash checks and process withdrawals after verification of signatures and balances
• Receive, verify, and enter loan and other payments
• Count, check, package, and order coins and currency
• Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift/day
• Balance and audit the vault/cash dispenser
• Ensure that the teller station is properly stocked, cleaned, and generally maintained
• Check night depository bags and record proper information on the financial institution’s forms
• Balance, maintain, and carry a beeper for an ATM
• Provide a complete range of customer services, including opening, maintaining, and closing accounts
• Assemble, process, and check loan files
Job Skills & Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Strong customer service background
About Superior National Bank and Trust:
Superior National Bank and Trust, located in Michigan’s pristine Upper Peninsula, serves clients in nine locations throughout Houghton, Keweenaw and Baraga counties and employs 145 staff members. SNB provides individual consumers, small businesses, municipalities and large corporations with a full range of banking, lending, investing and asset management, retirement plans, and easy-to-use online and mobile services along with other financial products and services.
Superior National has been recognized by BauerFinancial, Inc. as a 5-Star, Superior bank, the highest rating assigned, and ranks SNB as one of the nation’s strongest financial institutions.
2017 marks Superior National Bank and Trust’s 127th year in business, a milestone made possible by its rich history and commitment of a board and staff that support the core values of people, accountability, community and excellence always. If these values align with your own, please apply to join our team.
How to Apply
To apply for an open position, please complete the Employment Application below. Submit the Application with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will not be considered without all three documents.
Superior National Bank & Trust Company
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 450
Hancock, MI 49930