SUMMARY: Consult with existing and prospective customers to meet lending needs (mortgage and consumer), identify opportunities for cross-sell of additional Bank products and services. Maintain and grow a portfolio of customers to enhance the Bank’s competitive position in the markets it serves. Adhere to regulations and maintain up-to-date compliance understanding.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet with consumer and mortgage applicants as necessary to obtain information for loan applications and answer questions about the loan process.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtain, compile, and analyze financial, credit, and background information on potential and existing borrowers as necessary for loan processing.
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and other applicable information to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits for approval, based on the financial institution’s policies and procedures. Ability to present arguments for exception approval succinctly and make recommendations for approval or denial of exception.
- Negotiate loan terms, such as costs, loan period, loan repayment methods, and collateral specifications, and inform borrowers of loan commitments.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- NMLS Certification (may be obtained after hiring)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four or more years of experience in a lending environment preferred.
- Experience with mortgage lending and regulatory changes since 2010 Dodd-Frank Act, including experience with TRID (Truth-in-Lending, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act Integrated Disclosure) and all it encompasses.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and set priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to network, build and cultivate strong relationships within the community to establish and maintain relationships with potential and existing customers.
- Strong negotiation and conflict/issue resolution skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to quickly grasp and adapt to changing applications and software.