Personal Banker - Baraga
SUMMARY: Serves as a point of contact for customer experience-related activity for the branch, including proactive sales and service, for personal and business customers.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drives branch growth through outbound prospecting and community engagement.
• Consults with and advises customers about all bank products and services.
• Uncovers needs for personal and business deposit accounts and loans after thorough needs-based consultation.
• Interviews and gathers customer information, opens new deposit accounts.
• Interviews, approves, negotiates and closes overdraft protection, personal loans/lines of credit, home equity loans, and small business loans.
• Conducts account relationship reviews through appointment setting.
• Creates an enhanced customer experience with an “all-in-one” approach to relationship building.
• Makes recommendations for personal and business electronic products, enrolling both personal and business customers.
• Demonstrates, onboards, and supports e-banking customers (ACH, wires, bill pay, mobile deposit, mobile banking, personal finance, remote deposit capture.)
• Assists customer with self-service devices, whether in-person or remotely in a virtual capacity.
Education & Community Outreach:
• Acts in a public relations capacity for the bank by performing CRA-related activities, facilitating financial literacy-focused public seminars, serving as a member of service organizations.
• Certified FHLBI-AHP (Affordable Housing Program) Administrator: make autonomous judgments and provide approvals and documentation for low income/affordable housing grant programs.
• Monitor compliance with BSA and CIP. Review and interpret business account documentation (Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws and meeting minutes, among others) for compliance with Beneficial Ownership laws and other regulatory requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in finance field preferred or related experience
• Successful completion of in-house training program
• 5+ years’ experience in a banking/lending environment
• NMLS Certification (may be obtained after hire)
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.