IT Support Specialist
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Information Security Officer
Summary: Responsible for employee help desk support, trouble shooting of employee technology issues, and phone system user setup. Serves as the main point of contact for employees who are experiencing computer issues.
Education & Experience:
- Associate’s degree in computer science/information technology or four years equivalent experience.
- One year experience working in a banking environment preferred.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and listening skills. Ability to communicate highly technical information to non-technical users.
- Project management skills with an understanding of how to define, document and track goals, scope, resources, schedule, quality, testing, and communications.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to manage other people’s time, prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Knowledge and ability to manage:
- Server OS (i.e. Windows and Linux), PC OS, backup software, Exchange, MS Office, database applications (i.e. SQL and Oracle), PC and server architecture, troubleshooting, concepts and design.
- Group Policy and Active Directory. Manage and maintain network users, computers, security, printers, drive mappings and other group policies.
- Server and PC support, deployment and patching technologies and processes.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Ability to analyze, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgement and decision making.
to work outside of normal business hours.