IT Support Specialist - Bingham Farms
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Technology Officer
Summary: Responsible for employee help desk support, trouble shooting of employee technology issues, and phone system user setup. Serves as the main point of contact for employees who are experiencing computer issues.
POSITION-SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Completes helpdesk tickets and tracks open tickets to be sure all are resolved or closed in a timely manner.
• Troubleshoots hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone.
• Maintains phone system hardware and software, set up extensions and users.
• Responsible for setting up and maintaining functionality of all hardware and software used throughout the bank including PCs, printers, ATMs, phones, etc.
• Maintain the financial institution’s network, software, hardware, and other equipment through routine preventative maintenance and the correction of operational problems.
• Maintains inventory of all hardware and software.
• Assists in the tracking of IT expenses for hardware, software, licenses, etc.
• Ensures that all network and support documentation is up to date.
• IT Project support, as needed.
• Works closely with IT management in determining priorities.
• Maintains and follows IT Department procedures.
• Understands and follows bank/department regulations, policies, and procedures, and participate in all compliance-related training.
• Some travel to remote branches may be required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s degree in computer science/information technology or four years equivalent experience preferred
• One year experience working in a banking environment preferred
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills and listening skills. Ability to communicate highly technical information to non-technical users
• Must be self-motivated with the ability to manage time, prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
• Ability to analyze, research, and resolve technical problems
• Ability to work outside of normal business hours
• Familiarity with the following areas a plus:
- VMware, Server Operating Systems, PC Operating Systems, Backup Software, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 or Microsoft Office Products, PC and Server architecture, troubleshooting, concepts, and design.
- Group Policy and Active Directory. Manage and maintain network users, computers, mobile devices, security, printers, drive mappings and other group policies
- Server and PC support, deployment and patching technologies and processes
- Project management skills with an understanding of how to define, document and track goals, scope, resources, schedule, quality, testing, and communications