Department: Business Lending
Reports To: VP/Business Lending Director
Summary: Build relationships with SNB business customers. Evaluate, authorize, or recommend approval of business loans.
POSITION-SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meet with business loan applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
• Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options available, as well as the terms of those services.
• Obtain, compile, and analyze financial, credit, and background information on potential and existing borrowers as necessary for loan processing.
• Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
• Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits for approval, based on the financial institution’s policies and procedures.
• Negotiate loan terms such as costs, loan period, loan repayment methods, and collateral specifications; make site/plant visits; and inform borrowers of loan commitments.
• Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
• Coordinate collection efforts with loan collectors and contact borrowers.
• Work with clients to identify their financial goals and find ways of reaching those goals.
• Assist in identifying competition, trends, unfulfilled borrower needs, and potential lending opportunities.
• Understand and follow bank/department regulations, policies, and procedures, and participate in all compliance-related training.
• Other duties as assigned and/or necessary.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Two or more years commercial lending experience, preferred.